Non-GMP Laboratory Technician
Due to an increasing workload in all departments, a role has become available for a non-GMP Laboratory Technician.
The job will entail the following chemistry duties:
- To work safely within the guidelines set by the company.
- Carry out experimental work in the laboratory area using both standard laboratory equipment and equipment up to 50 L scale under the supervision of the Production Manager.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is always maintained and cleaning records for areas and equipment are completed on time.
- Compliance with quality systems ensuring procedures are always followed and new issues of procedures are signed off within the required time scale.
- Develop a basic understanding of Quality Assurance practices.
- Ensure training records are updated as applicable and are always available for review during audits.
- Develop a good awareness of safety practices and understanding of systems including waste disposal.
- The general upkeep and monitoring of equipment, areas and supplies.
- Carry out overtime work which may be reasonably required.
- Any other duties which might be reasonably required and allocated by the Production Manager.
The candidate will possess a science related A-Level or equivalent and will require a good degree of organisational skills and the ability to multitask across different areas within the departments. Good communication skills will also be expected as the role will involve discussions with all other departments.
Full training relevant to the role will be given but a general background in science and an interest in organic synthesis and practical experimentation is expected.
Interview expenses from within the UK only.
Applicants must be able to work permanently in the UK.