Synthetic Organic Chemist
We are looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to work in our laboratories in Sunderland. The work involves practical organic synthesis on scales ranging from milligrams to kilos and a list of the main duties are outlined below:
• Carry out projects including process research and development and synthesis of final products.
• Interpret a wide range of analytical data.
• Ensure standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
• Completion of weekly and final reports.
• Participation in teleconferences on a technical basis
• Develop good communication skills, discuss and help resolve problems as they occur to reduce the impact on schedules.
• Demonstrate good safety awareness, completion of COSHH assessments.
• Maintain a good level of housekeeping at all times.
• Be prepared to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
• Reasonable overtime working as projects require.
Candidates should possess a BSc or PhD in organic chemistry and have an excellent knowledge of synthesis.
Experience of Development Chemistry would be an advantage.
You need to be self-motivated and able to run projects with minimal supervision. Good inter-personal skills, both written and verbal are essential for working with both customers and laboratory team.
Interview expenses from within the UK only. Applicants must be able to work permanently in the UK.
Email – Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org