Synthetic Organic Chemist
We are looking for a synthetic organic chemist to work in our laboratories in Sunderland. The work involves practical organic synthesis on scales ranging from milligrams to kilos and a list of the main duties are outlined below:
- Carry out projects including process research and development and synthesis of final products.
- Interpret a wide range of analytical data.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
- Completion of weekly and final reports.
- Participation in teleconferences on a technical basis
- Develop good communication skills, discuss and help resolve problems as they occur to reduce the impact on schedules.
- Demonstrate good safety awareness, completion of COSHH assessments.
- Maintain a good level of housekeeping at all times.
- Be prepared to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Reasonable overtime working as projects require.
Candidates should possess a BSc or PhD in organic chemistry and have an excellent knowledge of synthesis. Experience of Development Chemistry would be an advantage. You need to be self-motivated and able to run projects with minimal supervision. Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are essential for working with both customers and laboratory team.
Email – Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Onyx Scientific Ltd
Enterprise Park East
Sunderland SR5 2TQ